"To put back more than we take"
Next Meeting is July 12th at 2:30PM.
See below, Upcoming Events.
The water has receded and the road is dry.
Basic problem ....the 100-200 yard section is constructed below the (fluctuating) water table and floods when the water table is high. A scope of work has been drafted to remedy this problem. Initial walkdowns of the proposed job with several contractors have been conducted.
For best results it is recommended we wait until the water (table) recedes and range dries out before starting repairs. Side berms and backstop work is also included, along with correcting the obstructed sight line to target at lanes 1 & 2. It is is estimated the work will take up to a week to compete. Plans are to perform this job mid- late summer. At this point no contract has been awarded....stay tuned. Contact Kevin Casper if you have any questions.
The trap house nears compilation. Walls have been raised and the addition of the roof will be the next phase of the project.
• Raise Public Awareness to diminishing wildlife habitat
• Effectively secure, protect and manage wildlife habitat
• Protect rivers and wetlands from unnecessary destruction and development
• Work to reduce poaching, trespassing and other illegal and inconsiderate outdoor activities; encourage improved behavior of irresponsible outdoor users
• Educate all people, hunters & non-hunters, that our natural resources belong to everyone & that all should share in the cost & benefits of perpetuating them
• Obtain facts on legitimate issues and bypass emotional causes
• Don't just criticize, offer vital alternatives to problems
• Continue working on valid freshwater and saltwater fishing licenses for all individuals ages 16-65 regardless of the type fishing device used
• Share with our youth the outdoor traditions that we have enjoyed and together work to protect those traditions for future generations
• Support the right to keep and bear arms.
MOTTO: “Local folks solving local problems”
SLOGAN: “To put back more than we take”